Monday 22 August 2011

Diary Entry (Blackie)


Diary Entry (Blackie)
It was only 5 hours away now. I lay in bed, wide awake, with not the slightest feeling of tiredness. A sleepless night, that’s exactly what I needed before the most important game of the year. It usually takes me around 10 minutes to drift off, but not tonight, I was far too nervous. I have to play the ruck, a fairly good position. The amount of pressure I felt was unbelievable, making me sick to the stomach.
 What if I stuff it up? What if I embarrass myself? I didn’t want to let down my team, and most of all I didn’t want to disappoint my family, my dad specifically, that’s if he could drag himself from the pub.
Maybe I should start thinking more positively, stop being so anxious about the game. After all it was just a footy game, I’m overanalysing it, psyching myself out. I cleared my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment